Monday, July 6, 2015

A Chipped Tooth

by: Alex Pressman for FreshInkForTeens.com

The tale of a red lollipop and a trip to the Garden of Eden from the dentist's chair.


I suppose it was my fault, most of it anyway. If my time on this Earth has taught me anything it is that nothing bad or good can be completely attributed to one person. Hitler could not have gotten so far with the Holocaust were it not for some gifted Don Drapers in the propaganda department. Jordan could not have won his six rings were it not for Pippen starting at small forward; such is simply the way things are.

It should be noted that the series of events I am preparing to recount are from an early stage in my childhood and could possess more than one historical inaccuracy. Some of the early memories tend to get blurry when I relive them. What I do know for a fact, however, is that Jackie Burnbaum did push me down the stairs, I did break a tooth and I did have an exceptionally profound experience in the dentist's office. Beyond that I suppose much of what will be heard is extrapolation into some of the deepest crevices of my memory. The insight given is surely a result of my exposure to the world beginning long after my little story. After all, everyone is bound to leave that dentist's office at some point whether they are ready or not.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


2 comments:

  1. Whether the result of an accident or biting on a piece of food that’s too hard, mouth injuries can cause teeth to become cracked, broken, or knocked out/dislodged. It is important to see a dentist because if left untreated, a dental emergency can lead to serious complications. There are now many dental clinics in India which provide complete oral care protection and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar experience, except I was 18 and it was a chair that broke my tooth. The pain you were feeling sounds almost exactly like what I was, it usually comes from the nerve in the tooth being damaged. Of course, it was all okay once the dentist put the mask on my face and sent me into laughing gas land. It sounds like that would have been more fun if I had broken my tooth at your age.

    Karen Perry @ Brookside Dental Care

    ReplyDelete