Monday, July 21, 2014

Jonah's TBH Recycling campaign

A crowdsourcing project through Jewcer; does your child want to raise money for a mitzvah project?



The Jewish Innovation

I am an 11 year old who believes strongly that it is my duty as a Jew to help take care of this planet. Every year my Synagogue does a number of events off site (Our Purim Carnival, Seder in the Desert, Tashlich at the Beach and many others), but we have never had an organized recycling program. I want to raise enough money to start a program for these events and all those in the future.

The Impact

Jews have always lead the way in protecting our Earth. This is a small but easy step to help my community take better care of the environment. If I raise the money, my Rabbi will let me introduce it to the congregation and give a brief drash on why the Earth matters so much to the Jews.

What the money is for

I will buy reusable recycling bins, blue bags, and gloves. I will also print up signs to mark the recycling locations. Any extra money will be donated to my temple's food pantry





 


Follow our    page.


No comments:

Post a Comment